1. NOTICE OF OUR POLICY
This Policy tells you, among other things, what information we gather from you, how we may use or disclose that information and our efforts to protect it. Please read this Policy carefully, and feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding its contents.
2. WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION ARE COLLECTED AND WHY
- Information submitted by you: At times, we may ask you to provide information about yourself in order to better serve you. For example, some of the information collected may include name, title, address, phone number, email address, and other relevant data. We do not require this information to obtain access to any area of our Site, however, you are required to create a new account or login as a registered user prior to ordering any products on our Site.
- Information collected by Cookies: We may also make use of website "cookies" to help you use our services more easily and to help us continuously improve our Site and our service to you. A "cookie" is a small data file that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive to help our Site "remember" information about you when you return to our Site, such as your preferences for our Site or account identifications. Our cookies do not read data off of your hard drive, read cookie files created by other websites track any personal information about you. You may have the option of setting your browser to reject cookies, however, doing so may negatively impact upon the performance of the Site or restrict us in better serving your needs and interests. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
3. HOW DOES VISION BOOKS USE MY INFORMATION?
- User Identification: Vision Books may use this information in an aggregated form to measure number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, and other relevant statistics. Vision Books collects this information to measure the use of our Site and to improve the content of our Site.
- We use your personally identifying information to identify you as a user of the Site and to assist and speed the completion of transactions on the Site. We may use your email address to contact you directly regarding services or products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may use your contact information to send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests. We may also use information collected about your preferences and activities at the Site, such as the particular pages you request at the Site and purchases or other transactions you effect through the Site, we may vary the content you receive in future visits to the Site based on your preferences and activities. To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses.
- Disclosure of Aggregate Information: We may combine your personally identifying information and information about your preferences and activities, with those of all or a particular group of our users to prepare collective profiles of our users and their activities for our internal use. For example, we may track the number of our users who view certain pages or use certain features or compile the total dollar amount of sales conducted through the Site in a particular geographic region or to track purchasing trends. Such information, and other information we derive from individual users' information, allows us to continue to grow and provide you with quality information through more accurate marketing and advertising of the Site. We may share aggregated information concerning our users, without attribution of personal information, to other companies with whom we conduct business.
- Disclosure of Personal Information to Outside Parties: Based on your consent we may disclose your personal information that you provide or that we collect, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card number etc. to outside parties.
- We may share personal information with our other corporate entities and affiliates to: help detect and prevent identity theft, fraud and other potentially illegal acts; correlate related or multiple accounts to prevent abuse of our services; and to facilitate joint or co-branded services that you request where such services are provided by more than one corporate entity. Those entities and affiliates may not market to you as a result of such sharing unless you explicitly opt-in.
4. WHAT VISION BOOKS DOES TO KEEP THIS SITE SECURE
Our site has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
5. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Site may contain "links" to other websites, and we cannot and are not responsible for maintaining your privacy once you leave our Site. We attempt to only link to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. If you provide any information to parties who operate websites that are linked to or from this Site, different rules may apply to their collection, use or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review other websites' policies before revealing any sensitive or personal information. Under no circumstances shall Vision Books have any liability whatsoever for the activities conducted by or at any website accessed from or through the Site.
Regardless of the precautions taken by us we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you transmit such information at your own risk.
6. ADVERTISEMENTS ON VISIONBOOKSINDIA.COM
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
7. SPECIAL POLICY ON INFORMATION REGARDING CHILDREN
This Site is not directed to children (persons under 13 years of age), and Vision Books does not knowingly collect any personal information from children. If you are concerned about your child's use of the Site, you may use web-filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
This Policy is governed by the laws of New Delhi, India, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under or out of this Policy shall lie exclusively with the state courts in New Delhi, India. If any provision of this Policy is found to be invalid by a court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Policy, which shall remain in full force and effect. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL VISION BOOKS HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE BREACH OF THIS POLICY, HOWEVER OCCASIONED.